If you’ve been driving extensively on a foreign licence or failed your driving test not too long ago, then this course may be right for you. As an advanced driver, you’ll be expected to have a good car control, be a confident driver and familiar with all the driving test manoeuvres. Your driving instructor will focus on helping you improve your driving skills, work off bad habits and to correct common driving mistakes. The course is normally taken over two or three days with the driving test taken as the final hour. On each day of the course, you’ll be driving between 2 and 6 hours, split into 2-hour sessions with short refreshment breaks in between each session.
- Good car control including gears, stopping and moving off.
- Comfortable driving on busy roads and dual carriageways
- Correct use of mirrors when turning.
- Able to reverse around a corner.
- Able to reverse park and bay park.
- Able to carry out a 3-point turn in the road.
- Pedestrian crossings.
- Comfortable with meeting situations and difficult turns.
- Comfortable moving off at junctions, crossroads and roundabouts.
Hours 1-10 -Most of your training time will be spent improving your existing driving skills, avoiding common mistakes and working off any bad habits you may have picked up. You’ll practice driving on dual carriageways, overtaking other vehicles and driving independently without directions from your instructor. You’ll also learn how to stop the car safely in the event of an emergency.
- Dual carriageways
- Overtaking other vehicles
- Independent driving
- Emergency stop
Hours 11-12 -Test day. On the day of your practical test, the instructor will pick you up one hour before the test start time so that you can get some last-minute practice and refresh your skills immediately before the test. Good luck!
How to book
Before booking this course, we recommend you first complete an assessment lesson with one of our instructors. To book yourself in for the assessment, please contact us on free-phone 0330 111 6858. We’re open Monday to Friday 9am-8pm and Saturdays 10am-1pm.